5 Startup Founder Rules To Live By
Apparently, Twitter co-founder Biz Stone makes all Twitter employees adopt seven rules when they join the company. I though these were quite interesting, especially Leave space for the unknown. When I read these rules it made me sit back and think about what might be my rules.
1. Be Original - Originality is rare today, being truly unique sets you apart from all the rest and makes you attractive to others.
2. Don’t Ever Quit, Just Refocus – Obstacles and frustration are part of the game. Refocusing after a setback will help you find meaning and your next milestone.
3. High Risk-High Reward – We only have so much time on earth to make a difference, why not opt to make the most out of it. Unfortunately high rewards require high risk. Fortunately, most choose to risk very little leaving you with a lot of opportunity.
4. Live Authentically – Things have a way of coming back around so living authentically alleviates lots of future problems.
5. Turn Complexity Into Simplicity – Successful products and technical innovation is all about simplifying the complex. Do that and everything else takes care of itself.